Contemporary Kitchen Roseville
Contemporary Heritage Fusion
This 1920’s Californian Bungalow located in Sydney’s leafy North Shore has beautiful original interior detailing including high ceilings however had become tired & dated.
The owners design brief was to:
- Create an elegant interior, with style which compliments the heritage of the home but is a modern comfortable relaxed living space for a busy family of four.
- Design a practical contemporary kitchen & create a new butlers pantry “with flair”
- Provide a breakfast nook for the teenagers, coffee machine & extra storage, which flows into the dining & living spaces.
The design showcases Super White Dolomite natural stone, black & white cabinetry, brass highlights & curved cabinetry.
The design solutions were the following:
- The orientation of the island bench was turned 90 degrees to improve the kitchen outlook towards the outdoor deck.
- The beautiful curved island bench welcomes you into the space and is repeated in the fireplace area.
- The existing laundry was turned into a butlers pantry through a clever hidden door in the kitchen cabinetry.
- The hidden door provides a new source of natural light through to the living space.
- The butlers pantry has a stunning Carrara marble hexagon splashback.
- Brass highlights were achieved throughout by using stunning Armac Martin brass handles, Brodware tapware & brass mesh inserts.
- The cabinetry was consistent throughout with a slimlined shaker door style visually connecting all the spaces.
- Consistent paint finish – Dulux Vivid White & Domino – timber veneer finish.
- To open up the space the large fireplace box was removed and replaced with the compact Escea freestanding gas fireplace.
- Dulux Domino VJ grooving was installed behind the new fireplace to create warmth and disguise the tv.
The cabinetry style continues downstairs in the newly created European style laundry.