Contemporary Kitchen Birchgrove
Calming Timeless Palette
2019 KBDi Designer Awards Finalist
This Contemporary kitchen renovation was a finalist in the 2019 KBDi Designer Awards in the Large NSW Kitchen Design category.
The clients are a professional couple living in a Victorian terrace in a inner-city suburb of Sydney. The interior design brief was to transform the existing dark living spaces into a contemporary kitchen within a relaxed open plan area to suit the growing needs of their extended family.
The design process started with discussing a hand drawn mud map of all the intended spaces to establish the ideal layout & traffic flow required to link the spaces. The kitchen was then designed first to establish the visual language which continued throughout the living area, butler’s pantry & laundry.
The brief was achieved with the following details:
- A subtle link to the heritage of the terrace with v-grooving detail, glass wall cabinets, freestanding cooker & bevelled shaker doors.
- A long kitchen island bench provides a relaxed child friendly family dining area.
- Living area can be used as adult retreat / study area & play area for grandchildren.
- Symmetrical cabinetry.
- The modern kitchen dresser added extra display / storage.
- Easy access to the garden & garage was provided through large glass doors for indoor / outdoor living.
- Calming relaxed timeless palette was created through whites, subtle cool grey cabinetry, new timber floor & modern understated furniture.
The result, a beautiful spacious open plan contemporary kitchen & living area filled with natural light that all of the extended family can enjoy together.